Asparagus & Eggs
Two things we have a ton of right now are asparagus and eggs, so I thought I’d share a quiche recipe using the two.Ingredients:1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces10 slices bacon2 (8 inch) unbaked pie shells1 egg white, lightly beaten4 eggs1.5 cups half-and-half cream1/4 teaspoon ground nutmegsalt and pepper to taste2 cups shredded swiss cheeseDirections:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place asparagus in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Brush pie shells with beaten egg white. Sprinkle crumbled bacon and chopped asparagus into pie shells.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over bacon and asparagus. Pour egg mixture on top of cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven until firm, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
Recipe has been taken from All Recipes website: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/asparagus-quiche/