Recipe: Asparagus with Pancetta and Pine Nuts
- 4 oz. pancetta, diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb. asparagus, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups leeks, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of a lemon
- 1 tsp orange zest (optional)
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1-2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Sauté pancetta, stirring frequently, over medium heat, until crisp and lightly golden.
2. Add butter to pan. Add asparagus and leeks and sauté until asparagus is tender crisp (about 3-4 minutes).
3. Add garlic, lemon and orange zest, toasted pine nuts, and parsley and sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute). Season to taste with freshly ground pepper and salt and serve.
Source: kaykay, Food52