What to do with beet greens?
After trying several recipes, we’ve finally found it: A beet green recipe we enjoyed so much that we’re looking forward to eating it again.
This is a simplified version of Silly Apron’s recipe, found here on Food52.
- 3 bunches beet greens, red stems removed, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- Warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic, cumin, and paprika. Stir a couple minutes.
- Add the beet greens and salt. Turn the heat to medium and stir to coat the greens with oil.
- Cover. Lower heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Drizzle greens with olive oil and top with a poached or fried egg.